Monday, January 1, 2007

California Missions

One of my favorite places to visit in California are the Missions! There are 21 Missions along the California coast that span from San Diego in the south up to Sonoma in the north. My family & I have visited I think 5 or 6 so far. Our latest visit was over the Thanksgiving holiday here in the US, which we spent in San Diego - so naturally we visited 2 of the missions there - San Diego Basilica & San Luis Rey. The other missions we have visited are: Mission Santa Ines, Santa Barbara, San Carmel, & of course Mission San Juan Capistrano (which is local to us here in Orange County).

Now here are some postcards in my collection depicting the California Missions:

Mapcard showing the Missions along the CA coast


San Juan Capistrano


San Juan Capistrano (3 different postcards)


San Luis Rey - the most beautiful Mission I have visited so far


San Diego Basilica - the very 1st Mission built in California

No comments: